Personal Injury Defense Litigation
Successful Personal Injury Defense Litigation
There are many litigators who will file motions and conduct discovery. As a case progresses, however, many litigators will shy from actually taking a case to trial. At Pierce & O'Neill, LLP, we are known by our colleagues and our clients as trial lawyers. In high stakes litigation, you need trial lawyers on your side.
A History Of Success For Our Clients
From our office in Houston, we defend a broad variety of personal injury matters on behalf of our business and energy industry clients. Our lawyers have successfully defended numerous individual and class claims, including:
- Defense of more than 100 personal injury/toxic tort cases filed against client involving death and personal injury claims based on alleged benzene exposure
- Defense of claims that a product manufactured by client was defective and provided inadequate warning, as well as claims of negligence. After a 13-day jury trial, the jury issued a take-nothing verdict against the Plaintiff
- Defense of suit by 41 plaintiffs for injuries sustained in a bus/train collision in major refinery
- Defense of suit against client for personal injury alleging negligence and premises liability claims
- Defense of claims against clients for strict liability and negligence, claiming that client designed, manufactured, marketed and/or sold a product that was in a defective condition, which proximately caused decedent’s injuries
Furthermore, we regularly work with insurance companies and insureds. Our team understands the processes put in place by insurance companies and how to conduct litigation within those parameters.
Cultivating Long Term Relationships
Ultimately, our success is rooted in cultivating longstanding, mutually beneficial attorney-client relationships. By developing these relations, we can provide individually tailored, proactive representation aimed at taking effective, decisive action in the defense of personal injury and wrongful death claims.