Strategic Representation In Environmental Litigation And Toxic Tort
Energy companies must frequently contend with environmental and toxic tort allegations. The manner in which these claims are resolved can have an enormous impact on a company’s bottom line. Whether these claims are brought by individuals or brought as mass torts or class actions, it is imperative to retain the highest caliber of legal counsel.
An Established, National Scope
Nationally regarded by peers and by industry observers alike, the litigation boutique of Pierce & O'Neill, LLP offers skilled legal representation to energy and commercial clients in environmental matters and toxic tort litigation. Based in Houston, our firm has a national scope serving clients nationwide.
Our lawyers represent clients facing a wide spectrum of issues, including land contamination claims, natural resource disputes, chemical exposure, water pollution, wrongful death and injury claims.
A History Of Success
We recognize just how much is at stake for our clients in any of these matters, and we work diligently and strategically to bring each case to a successful conclusion. Some of our representative matters in this area of practice include:
- Defense of claims for $750 million in alleged contamination of properties by natural gas and hydrogen sulfide. After a three-month trial, the jury rendered a unanimous verdict in favor of Client
- Defense of claims against Client alleging groundwater contamination arising from hydraulic fracturing and other oil and gas operations in Pennsylvania
- Defense of more than 100 personal injury/toxic tort cases filed against Client involving death and personal injury claims based on alleged benzene exposure
- Defense of claims that a product manufactured by Client containing benzene was defective and provided inadequate warning. Plaintiff brought negligence claims as well. After a 13-day jury trial, the jury issued judgment in favor of Client
- Defense of claims for trespass to the property arising from contamination, pollution and improper abandonment of oil field production facilities, equipment and infrastructure
A hallmark of our practice, in environmental litigation and in other claims, is engaging in early case assessment designed to maximize client resources and minimize risk. Through this approach, our attorneys are able to develop appropriate tactics in a given matter. Over time, we have gained a reputation nationally for our work in the defense of these claims.