Tracy C. Temple
Tracy C. Temple began her legal career in litigation but switched to an appellate practice in 1998, when she joined the appellate group of a large Houston law firm. Board-certified in Civil Appellate Law since 2002, Ms. Temple has experience in all aspects of appeals and appellate litigation, including pre-trial and trial strategy, motions and issue briefing, error preservation, appellate briefing, and oral argument.
Before joining the firm, Ms. Temple served for several years as a staff attorney and chambers attorney to Justices J. Brett Busby and Jerry Zimmerer on the Fourteenth Court of Appeals.
- Prepared briefing and motion for rehearing in Supreme Court of Texas to successfully defend summary judgment in favor of insured on claim for equitable reimbursement by insurer.
- Prepared post-judgment motions, appellate briefing, and oral argument to successfully reverse summary judgment in favor of plaintiff in case involving claims of breach of contract, fraud, and misrepresentation.
- Prepared appellate briefing and argument in case to reverse dismissal of defendant on special appearance for lack of personal jurisdiction.
- Participated in post-judgment motions and prepared appellate briefing in case to successfully defend against claims of statutory securities and common law fraud.
- Prepared appellate briefing to successfully defend jury verdict in favor of defendants in equitable subrogation case against attorneys for malpractice.
- Appellate Litigation
- Issues and Motion Practice
- Energy & Natural Resources Litigation
- Commercial Dispute Litigation
- Insurance Disputes
- Employment Defense Litigation
- Bankruptcy Litigation
- Product Liability Litigation
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- St. Mary’s University School of Law, San Antonio, Texas
- J.D. – 1995
- Honors: cum laude
- Texas Christian University
- B.S. – 1992