The attorneys at Pierce & O'Neill, LLP are leaders in the field of energy and natural resources litigation. Offering substantial industry-specific knowledge and formidable trial and appellate experience, we are frequently retained by many of the energy industry's leading participants. Attorneys Jesse Pierce and Jack O'Neill have each practiced law for more than 40 years, and each has devoted a substantial portion of his practice to serving clients in the energy sector.
We focus our advocacy and counsel on identifying and minimizing risk, aiming to protect our clients' overall outlook with respect to all types of energy industry matters, including:
- Lease terminations
- Disputes among working interest owners
- Defense of contamination and pollution claims
- Oil and gas well blowouts
- Royalty disputes
- Interpretation and enforcement of written instruments
In these and other matters, we tailor our advice to the client's specific goals and resources, counseling clients as to what legal strategies are most likely to accomplish these goals. These strategies include negotiation, settlement and trial, among others. As trial lawyers who have tried many cases over our careers, we will never hesitate to take a case to court when it is in our clients' best interests. The following cases are a small sample of our representative cases in this field.
- Defense of numerous lawsuits alleging breach of contract and fraud stemming from nonpayment of lease signing bonus in Michigan
- Defense of claims for breach of contract, failure to develop, declaratory judgment, suit to quiet title, conversion, and trespass by sub-surface intrusion
- Defense of claims alleging breach of contract/breach of implied covenants and seeking cancellation of oil-and-gas leases
- Defense of Client in a dispute involving the validity of competing oil and gas leases in the Eagle Ford Shale
Contact Pierce & O'Neill, LLP
Based in Houston, our law firm maintains a national clientele. Call 713-634-3600 or complete our online contact form to schedule a consultation.