The defense of any class action claim is a costly endeavor that has the potential to profoundly damage a company's long-term outlook. Any business named in a class action suit must retain exceptional legal counsel at the earliest possible stage.
For decades, companies in the energy industry and other industries have placed their trust in Pierce & O'Neill, LLP. Our attorneys defend business and energy clients that face consumer class actions in a wide variety of matters. Some of our representative cases include:
- Defense of Client in its mini-lab class action case involving alleged damages of $3 billion
- Defense of putative class action asserting claims for breach of contract, fraud and unjust enrichment. Plaintiffs alleged Client breached certain joint-operating agreements when it sold Volumetric Production Payments to various bank entities
- Defense of putative class action by Plaintiffs alleging improper royalty payments
- Defense of putative class action wherein Plaintiffs sought to certify a class action of between 500 and 900 mineral owners who executed drafts and oil and gas leases but were not paid their respective lease bonuses
- Defense of putative class action seeking Plaintiffs' portion of severance tax refunds
In all class actions, our lawyers begin by comprehensively evaluating and analyzing the legal, factual and procedural issues in play. Whenever practicable, our objective is to defeat class certification and dismiss the suit outright. As trial lawyers, we are fully prepared to present a compelling defense at trial to protect our clients' interests. On the other hand, if negotiations are likely to yield the best possible outcome, we will not hesitate to advise our clients to pursue this avenue.
More than anything, we at Pierce & O'Neill pride ourselves on delivering results-oriented, client-centered representation. Our approach enables us to prepare the kind of individually tailored legal strategies that characterize the finest in legal representation.
Contact Pierce & O'Neill, LLP
Based in Houston, our firm defends claims across Texas and nationally. Call 713-634-3600 or complete our online contact form to schedule a consultation.