At Pierce & O'Neill, LLP, our lawyers have achieved outstanding results for our clients at both the trial and appellate levels. Having gained extensive insight over our careers, we also recognize that not every dispute can be or should be resolved in the courtroom. Arbitration and mediation are frequently attractive alternatives, as these methods of dispute resolution are more flexible than litigation. In addition, they can save costs and promote certainty. In all matters, our attorneys assess the viability of mediation or arbitration, and confidently advise our clients.
Our lawyers have resolved many disputes in arbitration and mediation, including the following:
- Procurement of a unanimous arbitration opinion in favor of Client, granting Client specific performance of a contract to convey computer software, denying in its entirety the defendant's counterclaim of more than $100 million
- Defense of Client in a contract dispute concerning the supply of reagent materials to a refinery plant in Texas
- Defense of Client in a dispute over ability to assign a lease and defense of counter-claim for recovery of the value of production from well
- Representation of real estate developer in breach of contract claim against general partner in connection with construction of City of Houston Convention Center Hotel
- Defense of breach of contract and fraud claims arising out of joint venture in oil and gas field
Our depth and breadth of experience in these fields offers tangible benefits to our clients. We have been retained as counsel to resolve disputes through the arbitration process by a broad array of clients in a variety of industries, including individuals, small to mid-sized corporations, and the country's largest corporations.
Our experience also goes beyond representing clients in arbitration. Jesse Pierce, one of our firm's founders, is a Commercial Arbitrator for the American Arbitration Association, and is regularly selected to serve as a Party-Appointed Arbitrator, as well as appointed as the Chairman by the other arbitrators. Jack O'Neill, our other firm's founder, is also sought out by his peers to preside over mediations.
Contact Pierce & O'Neill, LLP
Our Houston law firm has national dispute resolution experience, and is fully prepared to counsel you as to your options. Call 713-634-3600 or complete our online contact form today.