|Paul A. Galante|
Mr. Galante's practice focuses on complex civil litigation. He has represented major investment banks, international hotel and resort managers, accounting firms, international food distributors, venture capital investors, oil companies, and professional sports leagues, among others, in matters across the country. Mr. Galante has litigated breach of contract disputes, product liability actions, receivership cases, securities fraud class actions, and various other types of cases. He has also represented companies and individuals in government and internal company investigations.
Additionally, Mr. Galante maintains an active pro bono practice, including recently representing a group of foster parents challenging the legal sufficiency of the foster care maintenance payments made by the state of New York.
Mr. Galante received his undergraduate degree from Rice University and his J.D. from St. John's University School of Law where he was a member of the law review.
Mr. Galante's practice ranges across all aspects of the litigation process from pre-suit investigation through appeal. A few recent representative matters include:
- Obtained order appointing a receiver over a hotel & casino property after a 2 day trial in Nevada state court
- Defended large insurance company in a dispute concerning environmental contamination cleanup costs in excess of $100 million
- Counseled certain high profile venture capitalists in litigation matters related to various investments
- Obtained favorable outcome for international confectionary company in trade secret litigation
- Obtained favorable arbitration award for professional sports league in breach of contract matter
Represented large international pharmaceutical company in MDL product liability litigation
- Commercial Disputes Litigation
State Bar of Texas
- State of Texas
- State of New York
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- J.D., St. John's University School of Law